Some of our software may not have been updated recently to comply with macOS's latest security features. However, you may work around this as follows:
- Open "System Preferences" by clicking on the Apple icon and choosing that option.
- Select "Security & Privacy" from the "System Preferences" window.
- Select the "General" tab, and select the lock in the lower left corner to allow changes.
- Enter your computer username and password, then select "Unlock."
- Next to "...was blocked from use because it is not from an identified developer" click "Open Anyway."
- Click "Open" on the pop up warning message.